Introduction of foreign language in school curriculum
• The Ex-Principal Mrs. Minakshi Walke had introduced a German language in school curriculum since academic year 2010-11. The school has appointed a special teacher for the same. Our school is one of the first Marathi Medium school introducing German language in school curriculum. The first batch of 10th std students (studying German) appeared in March 2013 and we got 100% result. Miss. Riya Kokate had secured 49 marks out of 50 in German in S.S.C. Board exam.
• Our two students Miss Aseem Pushpa Tara & Miss Riya Kokate had visited Germany in August 2012 as a part of Mini Munchen project.
• Our school has signed a contract with German school in Stuttgart. The Principal of the German school Mr. Anne Frank Realschule visited our school in Dec 2011. Our ex-Principal Mrs. Minakshi Walke & German teacher Mrs. Pradnya Samel and our 7 students from 9th &10th std visited a German school as a part of students exchange programme. Our students stayed there with the German families & experienced their warm hospitality. They got to know their culture very closely.
• Today, a child's life after school usually means sporting events, dance class, clubs, church and social events. All of which have value, but leave children with very little free time. Nature clubs are a means of students to explore the outdoors in a way that is educational and enjoyable. Encouraging students to build and participate in a nature club creates positive experiences and teaches those involved the beauty of the environment.
• Vocational Guidance Center
Vocational Guidance is the process of conservation of Human Resources. It is basically concerned with helping individuals make decisions and choices involved in planning a future and building a career.
Our school is proud to have a Vocational Guidance Cell of its own. The school has two I.V.G.S. trained counselors. The school has opted vocational Guidance as one of the grade subject of 9th and 10th std.
Through the cell students are arrested to gather the occupational information. They are given direction to choose, prepare for, and enter an occupation for which he or she shows aptitude. Through the cell guidance lectures on different vocations and personality development are arranged through out the year. Till date 51 lectures have been arranged. Students take keen interest in the subject. They try to know themselves well. The cell is really helpful for student.
Year 2016 is going to be remarkable in the history of I.V.G.S. This year inclination of all 10th std students. Those who have appeared for Board exam will tested online. I.V.G.S., S.S.C. Board and MSSS are gearing up for this purpose. 16,50000 students from all over Maharashtra are going to be benefited from this.